Immigration & Citizenship Law
Recently, Council of Ministers of Turkey provided an opportunity related to citizenship acquisition by invesment in Turkey. ‘’Regulation on the Amendment of the Implementation of the Turkish Citizenship Law’’ is published in the Official Gazette on 12 January 2017 and entered into force.
As a result of this opportunity;
- If someone realizes a fixed capital invesment at least USD 2.000.000 in Turkey and this situation is confirmed by Turkish Ministry of Economy or,
- If someone buys a real estate valued at least USD1.000.000 providing that he/she will not sale it for three years through adding annotation in the land registry records and this situation is confirmed by Turkish Ministry of Environment and Urbanisation or,
- If someone creates employment for at least 100 people and this situation is confirmed by Turkish Ministry of Labor and Social Security or,
- If someone deposits money valued at least USD 3.000.000 to banks operating in Turkey providing that he/she will withdraw it for three years in bank account and this situation is confirmed by Turkish Council of Bank Audit and Regulation or,
- If someone buys public bonds valued at least USD 3.000.000 providing that he/she will not sale them for three years and this situation is confirmed by Undersecretariat of Treasury has a right to apply for citizenship.
After application of the person provided one of the listed conditions, the relevant Ministry recommends thisapplication for approval of the Council of Ministers. If the Council of Ministers accepts this application, the person acquires Turkish citizenship. Our firm offers a comprehensive legal support within all this process for it’s clients.
Law No. 5901 Adoption Date: 29/05/2009
Objective, Scope, Definitions and Implementation of Citizenship Services
Article 1- (1) The objective of this law is to define the principles and procedures regarding the conduct of operations and transactions for acquisition and loss of Turkish citizenship.
Article 2- (1) This Law covers regulation of principles regarding acquisition and loss of Turkish citizenship and the procedures on the implementation of citizens...